Everything You Should Know About Weight Lifting Belts
Weightlifting belts have become a staple in most of the fitness centres. These belts are usually six inches wide and are made of thick leather. To keep them secure at the waist, they have a metal buckle to join both the ends of the belt just like other belts. A weightlifting belt can add a considerable value to your workout, but it doesn’t happen in a single day. In case you are planning to buy a good weightlifting belt, please have a look at the following details.
Types of Weightlifting Belts
There are different types of female weightlifting belts available in the market. The most popular ones are the bodybuilding and powerlifting belts. Thicker straps are more supportive of the spine while performing weightlifting exercises, whereas other thin belts can be easy to put on and remove.
While buying a weight lifting belt, you can either go for the conventional one that has a wide part at the back for generous support on the spine or a powerlifting belt that has the same width all the way around. Such belts are great for preventing hyperextension and muscle twisting.
Advantages of Weightlifting Belts
The primary reason for using a female weight lifting belt is to increase intra abdominal pressure during weight lifting. When the pressure gets increased through a weight lifting belt, it stabilizes your spine and gives rise to your power. This pressure also helps in keeping your spine from falling under heavyweight. Weightlifting belt for women gives your stomach something to push against, and in return, it increases your pressure. To understand the benefits better, please read the advantages mentioned below.
- While carrying out a lift in an upright position, the pressure created can be easily reduced by wearing a good weightlifting belt. A weightlifting belt minimizes the stress on the lower back and prevents hypertension during lifts.
- The best weight lifting belt for women is also said to reduce the lower back stress by creating a compression in the abdominal cavity. The compression further provides support in front of the bones of the lower back.
- During weight training, many athletes experience a compression at the lower back. With increased compression through the weight lifting belt, the amount of pressure at the lower back tends to get decreased.
- A good weightlifting belt also keeps the posture at the place. The physical sensation that is created against the skin of the lifter helps to maintain the posture by activating muscles in a proper form.
- The belt should not be worn too tightly. Please remember things take time, and so does the improvement in your performance. Do not wear a weightlifting belt tightly because that can also cause adverse effects.
- A weightlifting belt also prevents sideward bending and twisting by forming a rigid wall around the lower torso. This creates a connection between the rib cage to the hip and limits back movement.
To conclude, all we would say is that the best weight lifting belt for women provides the much-needed support to all women athletes. It tends to increase intra abdominal pressure that further prevents hyperextension. Also, a weight lifting belt does wonder when used for lifts. We hope the above points will help you shop for the best weight lifting belt for yourself!