Advantages and disadvantages of digital marketing career
Are you confused about a career in digital marketing? You must have heard people saying digital marketing is going big and is the key to success for big or small companies.
You can go for a digital marketing course irrespective of your age and profession. It is always useful if you are currently employed and plan to start your own business. If you are newbie, you might have people around you, recommending exploring this lucrative and fast-growing space.
If you have a small or medium-size business, you must have interacted with people who suggested you take the business online by using digital marketing.
In this section we shall discuss some facts which make digital marketing career lucrative from a media school, along with the advantages and disadvantages of the same.
Advantages of digital marketing career
- Digital Marketing is a new industry with massive growth potentials. The saying “learn while you earn” fits perfectly for a digital marketing career.
- Companies of every size and scale can use digital marketing. It can be large companies, government associations, startup, or a nearby mom and pop store. Therefore, there are prospects everywhere. Many companies have their in-house digital marketing courses for the growth of their own company.
- Digital Marketing helps you bond with customers where they are most present. A recent survey suggests that youth nearly spend 14 to 16 hours on the internet. It gives a chance to digital marketers to bond with people.
- It is a cost-efficient business option for startups. You can begin your own agency by investing digitally.
- You can work as a consultant or work from home for your digital marketing agency. All you need is a computer and a good internet connection.
- There are no demographic or geographic limitations as you are working through a data connection. You can showcase your work globally.
- Being a flexible industry, there are no fixed working hours, especially if you are working on a project basis or as a freelancer. In short, you are your own boss.
- Digital marketing provides you with different opportunities to make a career. You can choose an opportunity based on your own abilities and passion.
- It is a growing and progressing field. The more you gain knowledge and practice, the more you earn. Hence, there are no limitations to your earning possibilities.
Disadvantages of Digital Marketing career
- Since it is a young industry, it lacks structure. Hence, there is a shortage of good digital marketers
- There is no fixed method for success. You must keep on exploring, learning, and experimenting new things for fulfilling the needs of different clients.
- It is an evolving area, and you need to remain updated with the latest developments and market trends.
It is up to you to decide if digital marketing is the right career choice. But, ensure to do the course from a reputed school of media.