Guide to Ladakh bike trip for ten days
“Life begins at the end of your comfort zone” – This quote stands true when you decide to travel Leh Ladakh on a bike. For every rider, Ladakh is a dream come true. Once in their life, they want to embark on this journey and experience the feeling of riding through tough roads and face barriers on the rugged landscape.
Deciding to travel Leh Ladakh on a bike is in itself a beginning to the journey you are about to take to find out what you want from life! Ladakh will leave such a lasting impact on you and turn you into a storyteller. Away from the commercial and urban infrastructure, Ladakh brings life into your perfect dream and turns it into a reality. Travelling to Leh and Ladakh on the bike will let you undergo an adventure you have never experienced before in your life ever. It’s a must to explore this wonderful belt if you are a compulsive rider. Your undying spirit of riding through the most promising region of the Himalayas facing few bumps and challenges is definitely going to be worth it once the journey ends.
Leh Ladakh bike trip is all about brown mountains, beautiful valleys, stunning landscapes and panoramic views and visiting aesthetic attractions. Riding to this heaven on the bike is a dream unfolding in front of your eyes which you have only imagined in your thoughts.
Our bike trip from Srinagar to Manali for nine days and ten nights passing via Leh and Ladakh is one of the best bike trips that can cover the most prime regions of the Himalayas.
Day 01 – Welcome to Srinagar
Your journey starts from Srinagar – The land of wonderful heritage and ethnic, cultural experience. On landing at the Srinagar airport, our executive will transfer you to Hotel. After check-in and a bit of rest, proceed to go for a shikara ride on the Dal Lake and see the Mughal Garden along with the Nishat Bagh and Shalimar Garden. Drive back to Hotel for overnight stay.
Day 02 – Drive from Srinagar to Kargil (204 Kms / 8 Hrs)
After breakfast, get charged up to take on the most adventures ride to Kargil via Zojila Pass. This drive is extremely challenging, as well as most beautiful. Visit Sonmarg and other popular places like Drass Village, which is also the second coldest inhabited place in the entire world, to see the war memorial hall and museum. Drive back to Kargil by evening. Overnight stay at Kargil
Day 03 – Drive from Kargil to Leh via Lamayuru, Alchi, Likir and Hall of Fame
After early morning breakfast, you shall depart for the scenic and mesmerizing journey towards Leh. While on your way you will visit Lamayuru Monastery. This monastery is so breathtaking with the moon-land view. After spending some good amount of time at Lamayuru, continue to ride towards the Alchi monastery. This monastery is one of the world heritage monasteries. Later have lunch at a local restaurant and proceed to pass by the confluence of Indus – Zanskar rivers. You can also do white-water rafting here if time permits. Later visit the Magnetic Hill, Patthar Sahib Gurudwara and Hall of Fame museum on your journey to Leh. Check-in to Hotel at Leh.
Day 04: Ride from Leh to Nubra Valley via Khardung La pass
Get up early morning and proceed to visit the highest motorable road in the world – The Khardungla Pass at an altitude of 18,380 feet. Post lunch drive to Diskit and Hunder village to enjoy the camel safari in the sand dunes at the cold desert. Arrive at Nubra Valley and check-in to the Hotel. Overnight stay at Nubra Valley.
Day 05: Ride from Nubra Valley to Pangong Tso via Shyok route
After breakfast, get ready for a beautiful drive to Pangong Lake en-route the Shyok river. On the way, we will visit Diskit Monastery, which is one of the oldest and largest Buddhist centre. Catch the magnificent view of Nubra Valley from the monastery and get lost in the beauty of the region. Continue riding towards to Pangong Lake. The route from Shayok river is very challenging and tough. Reach Durbuk and break for lunch and tea. Drive to Pangong Lake and check in the camp or Hotel. Rest for some time and then proceed for sightseeing of the sparkling Pangong Lake. Click beautiful pictures and enjoy sitting by the Lake for some quiet moments. Back to the camp in the evening and stay overnight.
Day 6: Pangong to Leh via Changla pass
Enjoy your ride from Pangong Lake to Leh after breakfast and watch the beautiful sunrise from the Lake. Chang La claims to be the third-highest motorable road in the world at the height of 17,585 ft. After crossing the Changla pass, drive through valleys and hills to reach Leh.
Day 7: Visit Local villages
In the early morning, visit heritage Hemis Monastery and drive to Thiksey and Shey Palace. Drive back to the Hotel at Leh and rest overnight.
Day 08: Ride from Leh to Sarchu
After early morning breakfast, visit Sarchu passing through the Skyangchu Thang. Enjoy your lunch at Pang after crossing Nakeela and Lachlung La. Continue driving towards Jispa. Arrive at Jispa by the evening and stay overnight at Jispa
Day 9 Ride from Sarchu to Manali (140 Kms/ 6 Hrs )
You are all set to drive towards Manali. Get ready after breakfast for the most adventurous ride. A beautiful scenic drive awaits you while you cross Baralacha La at the height of 4845m. Stop by for lunch at Sissu village and ride towards the most famous Rohtang Pass at the altitude of 13050 ft. Check-in Hotel after reaching Manali. Do local sightseeing at places as time permits.
Day 10 Departure to Home
Check out from the Hotel and catch the train or flight to your home destination. If there is some time to explore, then you can go in for some mini adventures as well. Enjoy your journey back home and wish you see you for an exciting journey again.
- Accommodation in 3 Star Hotels / Deluxe Camp / Resort
- Small coach /Tempo Traveler for luggage van
- Buffet Breakfast and Buffet Dinner (Dinner on the first day and breakfast on last day included)
- Oxygen Cylinder and First Aid Kit
- 5CC Royal Enfield Bike excluding fuel
- Riding caption for the entire tour
- Reflective jacket is provided
- First day training session given for maximum 20 km
- Backup Team members
- Inner Line Permit
- All applicable taxes
- Expenses incurred in case of a change in itinerary due to reasons beyond our control change in flight and train timings, cancellation of flights/trains, political disturbances, natural phenomenon, and so on
- Extra cost due to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- Any other item not specifically mentioned in Inclusions
- Fuel cost
- Any meal other than mentioned in the itinerary
- Refundable security deposit of INR 10000 per bike
- International / Domestic airfare, visa fees, airport tax or any kind of insurance cover
- Personal items, drinks, laundry, telephone calls, tips, camera fees, etc.
- Entry fees for visiting monuments
Terms & Conditions:
1) The rates mentioned in the above package are subject to change without prior notice.
2) the keys of the bike will be collected by our team after the check in Hotel every day
3) The above hotel Leh Ladakh Packages rates are only an offer and not confirmation of your bookings, which are subject to availability once the Booking is confirmed by you and payment made for same. However, if we are not able to get the packages of the original hotels as offered, we shall provide equivalent alternate hotel packages.