Top 7 management skills that you need to develop-Lexicon MILE
To reach the top ranks in a company or to start a firm on your own, one would require a set of unique skills. Acquiring and inculcating these skills at a young age will help reach greater heights. Some of the most in-demand skills that anyone requires to be a successful manager include –
- Technical Expertise – Be it finance, production, manufacturing, or even human resource management, gaining expertise in the field we choose to pursue a career in is a key factor that determines success in an organization. Technical expertise is what helps us build a niche.
- Conceptual skills – Presenting the knowledge we have both through words and through graphics can be a very crucial skill, one would have to master quantitative methods and understand management mathematics to master this skill. Strong perceptual skills can be vital in decision making for any manager.
- Soft skills and interpersonal skills – What is management if not handling and dealing with people. Every single aspect of management, be it internal communication or communication to a client it involved the ability to talk and present well, this is why developing effective communication methods can be crucial in mastering a job.
- Planning – Failing to plan is essentially planning to fail, having a goal-oriented plan and execution of the steps in the plan ensures success. It is of extreme importance that one master the art of staying gritty and executing plans.
- Decision-Making – Many of us stay indecisive all our life, this does not help in an organization, one has to understand and quickly arrive at the best possible solution to any and all problems. Decision-making is the art of making choices between the right and righter. People often think the situation is black and white, but it is not, it is in the gray areas, this is why sound knowledge in every field can help make better decisions.
- Delegation – Many of us make the mistake of taking more responsibility than we can handle and putting excessive load on our shoulders. A better strategy is to learn to delegate the right task to the right candidate. This ensures that optimum use of resources is done and you can maximize your output.
- Problem-Solving – A workday is filled with multiple decision points and the need to troubleshoot and look for the best solutions, this is where one would require sharp problem-solving abilities. One can acquire these abilities through practice, experience, and training.
At Lexicon Management School, we give students exposure to various life-like situations that they would actually encounter on-the-job along with a 9-month industry internship, this ensures that excel at their jobs and get overall success in their careers. We also give them access to a global curriculum that meets the requirement of today’s competitive world. Lexicon is also known for providing students with the best teachers and professors who have specialized in their respective fields. All these factors put together with help students master all the skills required to be a great manager.
About Lexicon MILE:
The Lexicon Management Institute of Leadership & Excellence (Lexicon MILE) belongs to the rich legacy of Lexicon Group of Institutions, Pune established in the year 1999, well known and reputed in the education industry. More than 12,000 students are shaping their career under the illustrious Lexicon Group of Institutions.
Lexicon MILE, founded in the year 2009 and well known all over Pune as the Oxford of the East and its chain of Lexicon CBSE and Lexicon Kids Pre-Schools boasts of a legacy of quality and value driven education, rolled out to Punekars, over the years. Today Lexicon MILE has come a long way, in a short span of nine years, to be known as the most sought after B-School, in eastern Pune, equipped with a state of the art campus and a studio finish building with Air Conditioned and CCTV enabled facilities of Classrooms, Seminar Halls, Auditoriums, Library, Common Rooms etc.
Ranked 29th all over India by Times of India rankings of 2018 and as ranked as one of the Top 50 B-Schools in all prominent Business Surveys by Business Journals & Magazines like Business Standard, Business World etc., Lexicon MILE is a premier Management Institute known for its value-based academic excellence and world class management education, which nurtures young skills, abilities and perspectives, with defined pedagogies, resulting in the holistic development of an individual.
The Lexicon Management Institute for Leadership and Excellence has been actively engaged in creating and nurturing Management professionals who are not only the ‘Pride’ of Lexicon MILE, but also, the ‘Privilege’ of their parents and most importantly, a source of ‘Power’ to their companies.
Lexicon MILE is committed to serving our communities by recognizing the diversity of Indians. Students across the country from up North to down South, from East to West are enrolled with us, to meet their professional needs of an enriched corporate life. With a large base of Lexicon MILE alumni in the corporate today, spread across the globe, we encourage personal and professional development through value based education as a foundation for life-long learning. Lexicon MILE lives the culture of transparency and liberalism in all its initiatives.
With a rich pool of faculty both from the Academics as well as Corporate worlds, first-class quality of students, superior systems and processes that blend Indian culture and contemporary practices / policies, Lexicon MILE is today consistently rated as one of the best B-Schools in the city of Pune.
MILE Tower, GATE No 726, Pune-Nagar Road, Wagholi,Pune, Maharashtra 412207
Contact No: +917276816262, +919146014950, +919717536537