Ultimate Guide of Air Canada Cancellation Policy
The travel and tourism industry is booming at its verge. The majority of people love to travel, and air travel is the most preferred travel mode because of the comfort and convenience on the flights. However, sometimes people need to cancel the flight booking because of sudden changes in the plan, and most often people get stuck because of the lengthy cancellation procedure. But this is not the case with Air Canada, as the airline has created an extensive cancellation policy focusing on the convenience of people. If you are also stuck while canceling your flight ticket, then you are in luck; we have created this ultimate guide covering all the important points in Air Canada Reservations.
How to Cancel an Air Canada Flights Reservations?
To cancel the reservation, you need to access the booking, and there are two ways through which you can do that, i.e., by sign-in your Air Canada account or by using the booking reference. Follow the instructions mentioned below to cancel the reservation in one of two ways.
- Go to the official website of the airline, and click on the “My Booking” tab available in the main menu.
- Access a single flight booking by entering the booking reference and passenger’s last name. After entering the required details, click on the “Find” button. You will also need the number of the used credit card while booking. Or,
- Sign-in your Air Canada account to access your all booked tickets. Make sure to enter the correct account credentials.
- After accessing the flight reservation, you need to click on the “Cancel booking” link and do the needful to complete the cancellation.
- After finishing the cancellation process, you will get a confirmation mail on the registered email id regarding the flight cancellation.
Air Canada Cancellation Policy 24-Hours
Passengers who cancel the flight ticket within 24 hours of the flight booking are entitled to get a full refund on cancellation. However, there are two cases that can happen when you cancel your booking within 24 hours flight reservation.
- The airline will refund the ticket fare and send an email as confirmation. Or,
- The airline will cancel the ticket payment transaction, but in this case you will not get a confirmation mail.
However, if you want to cancel a ticket for which an upgrade has been confirmed, then you will need to connect with the customer service team of the airline and request a refund.
Note: If you have canceled a flight pass booking; reservations that are canceled within 2 hours of booking are entitled to get a full refund, and you will get your flight pass credits back in your account.
Flight cancellation after 24 hours of Booking – Air Canada Cancellation Policy
It is recommended to all the people to always be aware while Air Canada booking tickets. Refund on flight cancellation after 24 hours of booking, depends on the type of ticket. If you have booked a refundable ticket, then you will get a refund. Mostly, all the non-refundable flight tickets come printed with “non-ref.” If you are confused a little bit about the ticket eligibility to get a refund, then you should contact the customer service team of the airline.
Online Refunds – Air Canada Cancellation Policy
Fully refundable flight ticket: When you cancel a fully refundable ticket, you will get an online refund. The airline will also offer you the option to retain the ticket value as credits, which you can use in the future to book tickets.
Partially refundable flight ticket: In case of partially refundable ticket cancellation, you can retain the value of your ticket to use in the future. You can also request for refund by contacting the customer service team.
Non-refundable flight ticket: In case of non-refundable ticket cancellation, you will get online credits that are usable to book tickets in the future.
To use the online credits in the future, you should contact the Air Canada customer service team. Now, you know everything about the Air Canada Cancellation Policy. In case you have any query related to the policy, then you should connect with the customer service team of the airline.