Two Amazing Recipes to Make with Tinned Tuna Chunks in Olive Oil
People often skip purchasing good quality tinned tuna meat chunks. Usually, those who buy these tuna meat chunks often choose to make sandwiches out of them rather than experiment with many more recipes. Today, let’s find out how to make use of simple tinned tuna chunks bought on an online seafood store.
Here are a few ways to prepare tinned tuna chunks.
Mexican Tuna Salad
- Ingredients Used to Make Mexican Tuna Salad
- 2.5 cups of romaine lettuce (finely chopped)
- 2 cans of Callipo Tuna Fish in Olive Oil
- One can of black beans, rinsed thoroughly and drained
- One can of roasted or grilled corn
- 2 whole ripe avocados diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- A third of a cup of red onions, diced
- A third of a cup of coarsely chopped cilantro
- Fresh lime
- 2 tablespoon of a large lime
- 2 tablespoons of ranch seasoning sauce
- Half a teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 tomatillo coarsely chopped after the husk is removed
- A third of a cup of fresh cilantro
- Half a Jalapeno
- Half a cup of regular full-fat mayonnaise
- Half a cup of buttermilk
- Salt & Pepper
Instructions to Make the Best Mexican Tuna Salad
For the Salad:
- Firstly wash and then dry the romaine lettuce. Then chop it into tiny pieces, even more so than a typical salad.
- Then, add the lettuce in a large bowl.
- After that, add in the drained out tuna alongside black beans, drained grilled corns, diced avocados, red bell pepper, red onion, and the coarsely chopped cilantro. Toss them well to combine together.
- Firstly, zest and juice the lime and then add the juice and zest to the blender with ranch seasoning sauce, minced garlic, tomatillo, and cilantro. Blend them well.
- After that, add half a jalapeno, mayo, and also the buttermilk.
- Now add some salt and pepper to add flavor into the food and adjust it according to your taste. Add more of all the flavors you intend to taste. More cilantro or even everything else.
- Again, blend it to a smooth paste, and the dressing is ready to be used.
- Now put a generous amount of the dressing on the lettuce, and your salad is perfectly ready for consumption.
Next, we have tuna & tomato calzone recipe.
List of Ingredients for Tuna & Tomato Calzone
- 500 grams of plain white flour
- A tsp of caster sugar
- A tsp of salt
- 7 grams of easy bake yeast
- 2 tbsps of olive oil
- 1 white onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 400 grams of chopped tomatoes
- A teaspoon of dried Italian herbs
- Callipo chopped tuna chunks
- 4 olives, pitted and sliced
- 125 grams of cubed mozzarella cheese
- 2 greased baking sheets
Instructions to prepare the Tuna & Tomato Calzone
- Firstly combine flour, sugar, salt, and yeast into a free-standing mixer. Then add a tbsp of olive oil and warm water and knead the dough for 5 minutes until it is smooth. Wait for ten minutes, then knead it by hand. Cover the dough and let it rise for 30 minutes or until it doubles up in size.
- Then, set the oven to 220 degrees C
- Heat about 1 tablespoon of oil and then add to it onions and fry them gently for about 10 minutes. Now stir in the garlic and cook for two minutes.
- Add in the canned tomatoes, herbs, and the leftover sugar. Simmer this mixture for ten minutes and then leave it to cool down.
- Cut up the pizza dough that is bought into half and just lightly knead it until it smooth and roll it out to 3mm thickness. Repeat the step with the rest of the dough.
- Stir the tuna, mozzarella, and olives into the tomato mixture. Then, spoon it out in the left of the center of each round and brush out the dough edges with water and fold it over to make a calzone.
- Lay all of these calzones on the baking sheet and brush it with oil and bake for 20 minutes till they are firm outside and soft inside.
Make use of this recipe to impress yourself with a healthy tuna chunk salad and also one to impress your loved ones with.